Policy /procedures for trips out of school
- Teachers are required to seek permission for trips through the Management Meeting 2 weeks in advance. It is essential to liaise with the Office Staff to organise payment for events through Head Office in advance.
- Check Public Liability Insurance. Teacher should never sign a ‘waiver’ form.
- School Rules apply – including wearing of uniform – unless otherwise stated.
- ‘Parent Consent’ form must be signed each student taking part. Consent must be in writing.
- In case of an emergency during trip, the teacher will try to ensure the safety of students and contact the school as soon as possible.
- If a teacher/adult must accompany a student to hospital then the other teacher /adult will be responsible for the group. Once informed the school management will decide if another teacher is needed.
- Exact Route/itinerary for the day and list of students going on outing must be left with Principal or Deputy.
- Teacher should leave a contact phone number.
- A Separate Application to the Board of Management must be made to take students out of the jurisdiction.